Questions Students ask about Spoken English Learned Quickly
- Why is Spoken English Learned Quickly better than other English courses?
- Can I really learn to speak English in half the time using Spoken English Learned Quickly?
- Can Spoken English Learned Quickly really be used by both beginner and advanced English students?
- I am just beginning to study English. Isn’t Lesson 1 too difficult?
- I have already studied English for two years. Isn’t Spoken English Learned Quickly too simple?
- Don’t I need to study grammar before I can learn to speak English?
- When can I begin a new Spoken English Learned Quickly lesson?
- How can I continue English study after I finish the Spoken English Learned Quickly course?
- How can I download Spoken English Learned Quickly from the website?
- How can I get a Spoken English Learned Quickly CD if my computer does not have a burner?
- Can I upload Spoken English Learned Quickly to an iPod™ or Handheld?
- Why is everything on www.FreeEnglishNow.com free?
- Is www.FreeEnglishNow.com collecting secret information?
- How do you make money if you are not selling anything?
- Why do you let others copy the lessons and sell them?
- How can I make money selling Spoken English Learned Quickly CDs if everyone can copy the course?
- Is Spoken English Learned Quickly really the world’s largest spoken English language course?
- Why do the instructions for Spoken English Learned Quickly say that everything must be said out loud?
- Why do the instructions for Spoken English Learned Quickly say that the responses should not be read?
- Can I play the MP3 audio while reading a text using Spoken English Learned Quickly?
- I read English well and can understand about 90% of what is said, but I can’t speak. What can I do?
- I am knowledgeable about my field in my own language, but I cannot communicate it in English. Can you help me?
- May I get a letter from you permitting me to sell CDs in my country?
- I want to learn to speak simple English, but I do not need to write. Can I use this course?
- How can I use Spoken English Learned Quickly to teach an English class?
- How can I evaluate my progress while studying Spoken English Learned Quickly?
- I have an English language website. Can I use some of your material?
- I need some information regarding spoken English tenses, if clauses, and the use of should, could, must, and others.
- Should I use an English-to-English, or an English-to-My Language dictionary to learn English vocabulary? dictionary to learn English vocabulary?
- Why is Spoken English Learned Quickly better than other English courses? The most important reason that Spoken English Learned Quickly is so effective is because it uses a new method which teaches English in the same way that we learn our first language. It is called the Feedback Training Method.) As children, we learn the correct grammar and pronunciation of our mother tongue by listening and speaking. This is the most effective way to learn any language whether we are learning it as a child or as an adult. For more information, see Chapter 1: Teaching Your Tongue to Speak English in our free, downloadable book Speak English.Spoken English Learned Quickly also includes a number of other excellent features: 1) the 16 lessons include enough audio recordings with a choice of either American or British accent so that a student may speak English for two hours a day for nine months, 2) the course was designed for independent study when a student cannot attend English classes, 3) the audio recordings are downloadable in high quality MP3 for use in iPods™ and other MP3 players, 4) The course has one hundred and forty seven lesson pages. It may be downloaded from English Freeware.com 5) because this course is teaching spoken English, extremely effective spoken English verb exercises were developed for the course. For more information, see Chapter 6: Studying the English Verb in our free, downloadable book.
- Can I really learn to speak English in half the time using Spoken English Learned Quickly? Yes you can. In fact, if you do not live in a country where you can regularly speak correct English, it will take you even less than half the time it will take other students studying English in your school. How long have you already studied English writing and grammar exercises? Yet, after all of your work, you still have not learned to speak English fluently. Using Spoken English Learned Quickly you will be able to speak English two hours a day using the most effective method for language learning.There is another very important advantage in studying with Spoken English Learned Quickly. You can actually speak English for two hours each day. You could not have done that in school when you were studying English, even if you had been in English class for an hour and worked on your assignment for another hour. For that two hours of English study, you would have done very little speaking. But even more importantly with Spoken English Learned Quickly, because you will be using the audio recordings, everything you say in English will be grammatically correct. You can actually speak English for two hours a day and never make a mistake. You wasted a great deal of time in other English study because you often heard —and spoke—incorrect English. Then, you needed to spend more time unlearning your incorrect English so you could say it correctly.
- Can Spoken English Learned Quickly really be used by both beginner and advanced English students? The reason most English classes are divided into beginning and advanced classes is because the first class is studying “simple” grammar and writing, and the second class is studying “difficult” grammar and writing. But Spoken English Learned Quickly is not teaching grammar and writing. It is teaching you to speak fluent English. Everyone who speaks English must use the same kind of sentences. Therefore, as a beginning student, you will learn to speak a small number of sentences perfectly. As an advanced student, you will learn to speak a larger number of English sentences perfectly. An advanced student will make more rapid progress, but neither the beginning nor advanced student will find the lessons any more difficult. For more information, see Chapter 4: Do You Need Beginning and Advanced Lessons? in our free, downloadable book Speak English.
- I am just beginning to study English. Isn’t Lesson 1 too difficult? When you first begin studying Lesson 1, you will think it is too difficult. We have had many students who had never studied English say the same thing when they started the first lesson. Yet, if they had studied Lesson 1 carefully, a week later they could pronounce the sentences in that lesson. After two weeks of study on Lesson 1 they no longer thought it was too difficult. Two weeks after beginning their English study, they could say far more than students who were studying English using writing and grammar lessons.
- I have already studied English for two years. Isn’t Spoken English Learned Quickly too simple? We will let you answer your own question. Could you read any sentence in these lessons just once — and then, without reading it again—repeat that sentence to an American or British English speaker in normal conversation? Your pronunciation and grammar would need to be perfect. If the American or British speaker would have had any difficulty understanding what you said, you still need to study spoken English. Many people make the mistake of saying that these lessons are too simple for them because they have learned how to write similar sentences. By using Spoken English Learned Quickly, you will learn how to speak English rapidly with good pronunciation. For more information, see Chapter 4: Do You Need Beginning and Advanced Lessons? in our free, downloadable book Speak English.
- Don’t I need to study grammar before I can learn to speak English? Our answer has two parts.First, you cannot speak any language without knowing its grammar because the language’s grammar defines how the words are used in sentences to mean something. A language’s grammar also defines how the verb is changed to identify person, time, and other information expressed by the verb. Of course, grammar defines many other parts of a language as well. So you must know English grammar if you want to speak English.
Secondly, however, we must then ask how you learn English grammar the most quickly? The answer will surprise you. Think back to the language you learned as a child. How did you know when a sentence was said correctly? You knew it was correct by its sound. If the sentence sounded right, you knew the grammar was correct. However, if it sounded wrong, you knew the grammar was incorrect. (An English speaker knows that the spoken sentence, “I have a book.” uses correct grammar because it sounds right. On the other hand, the same speaker knows that the sentence, “I has a book.” uses incorrect grammar because it sounds wrong.) Grammar-based English instruction tries to teach you a long list of “rules” so that you will speak correctly. That is a very difficult way to learn to tell the difference between something which “sounds right” or “sounds wrong.” It is far simpler—and far faster—to teach students learning English to use their hearing to know when something is “right” or “wrong” because hearing, not written grammar, is what they must use in normal conversation.
Spoken English Learned Quickly was designed to teach you to speak fluent English as quickly as possible. The best way we can do that is to train your mind and hearing together so that you can tell the difference between English which sounds “right” and English which sounds “wrong.” We can train you to speak and listen at the same time. However, it takes much more time when students must study three different subjects: English speaking, English writing, and English grammar. These students are studying three subjects but only one of them is actually training them to speak English. That is why you have studied so long but you still may not be able to speak fluent English. You have really been studying three different subjects and only one of them helps you speak fluent English. For more information, see Chapter 3: Grammar and Writing in this free, downloadable book.
- When can I begin a new Spoken English Learned Quickly lesson? You will study Spoken English Learned Quickly differently than you studied grammar-based English lessons in the past. When you studied English in school, you were ready for the next lesson when your mind understood the vocabulary and the grammar rules. In Spoken English Learned Quickly you must study a lesson until you can pronounce each sentence so fluently that an American or British speaker would understand you perfectly. There is a big difference between simply learning vocabulary and grammar and learning to speak fluent English. However, we also know that you will want variety in your lessons. We suggest that you spend up to two hours a day, five days a week, in hard work on each new lesson. During those two weeks, you should also go back and review lessons you have already finished. Review will break the monotony of studying only one lesson for two weeks. The review will also help you perfect your pronunciation in lessons you have already finished. You can actually improve your English just as much by reviewing a very early lesson even after you are past Lesson 12. This is why Spoken English Learned Quickly can be used by both beginning and advanced students. You must not expect Spoken English Learned Quickly to be easy. You will need to work very hard. Quite frankly, you will sometimes find it extremely difficult to keep repeating lessons when you already know all of the vocabulary and grammar. But you have not finished a lesson until your pronunciation is perfect, and the sentence sounds just like an American or British speaker would have said it.
- How can I continue English study after I finish the Spoken English Learned Quickly course? We suggest that you regularly read English newspapers out loud. (If you want to speak American English, be certain it is a newspaper published in the United States. If you want to speak British English, then select a newspaper from the United Kingdom.) Of course, you will also want to talk with native English speakers whenever possible. For more information, see More Spoken English Practice. Also look at Chapter 5: Selecting a Text in our free, downloadable book. Both links give website addresses of English newspapers. You can download articles for reading practice.
- How can I download Spoken English Learned Quickly from the website? You can download it from English Freeware. This downloads the entire Spoken English Learned Quickly lessons, including the 147 lessons with both text and audio. You will also have a choice of either American or British accent exercises.
- How can I get a Spoken English Learned Quickly CD if my computer does not have a burner? You can download the lessons and use them on your computer or handheld device without making a CD. However, if you know someone with a CD burner who wants to study English, tell them about Spoken English Learned Quickly and how they can make a CD from our website. Tell them they may also make copies of the CD to sell for their own profit. For the information you have given to them, ask them to give you a copy of the CD they make. Also, you may find someone who copies other companies’ software to sell. They would certainly want to know about www.FreeEnglishNow.com because we permit others to sell CDs of Spoken English Learned Quickly. (See Earn Money for more information.) That individual should be willing to give you one CD in exchange for the information given.
- Can I upload Spoken English Learned Quickly to an iPod™ or Handheld? We designed Spoken English Learned Quickly so that it can be used on MP3 players using CDs and portables such as iPods™ or Handhelds. However, we cannot give a certain answer without knowing what kind of device you have.
- Why is everything on www.FreeEnglishNow.com free? We designed the website to be a service to people. We are not trying to earn money from it. We know that large numbers of people around the world want to study English in order to improve their income or enter a university in the U.S. or U.K., but many of them do not have enough money for English study. We want to help these people reach their goal.There is, however, a very practical reason we do not charge money for the course. It would be too expensive to establish international marketing so that Spoken English Learned Quickly could be sold at a profit for ourselves and for those doing the marketing. If we succeeded, the course would then become too expensive for those we want to help. We also know that if we spent the money for international marketing, we could lose our investment because Spoken English Learned Quickly could be easily copied and sold by pirates.
Therefore, it has been simpler to design Spoken English Learned Quickly so that others could download it for their own use. This saves us the expense of manufacturing and shipping CDs. However, we cannot afford to advertise if we do not make money. For that reason, we encourage others to sell CDs for their own profit which advertises Spoken English Learned Quickly without any cost to us. That strategy has worked exceptionally well. In its first three years, Spoken English Learned Quickly became the world’s largest distributor of spoken English language courses. Today, our website is downloading over one million copies of the complete course each year!
For the same reason, we give publishers the right to translate and publish our book Speak English without any payment to us. That too, serves our purpose in advertising our website and helping more people learn English.
Finally, we want to promote the new Feedback Training Method which was designed especially for Spoken English Learned Quickly. See the explanation in Chapter 7 from the book Speak English.
- Is www.FreeEnglishNow.com collecting secret information? No, it is not. Our Free website is not used as a means of collecting information. In fact, we don’t even collect “cookies.” Nor do we ever intend to license or sell commercial services to any outside enterprise, even though others have copied our URL with a change in spelling in order to create websites selling English courses and other services. See McAfee’s Site Advisor page.
- How do you make money if you are not selling anything? We don’t make any money from either the website itself or anything connected to the website. www.FreeEnglishNow.com was truly built to serve others.
- Why do you let others copy the lessons and sell them? Since we have no income from the website, we can’t afford to buy expensive international advertising. However, by letting others copy and sell CDs, our website has had more advertising around the world than we could ever have paid for. Our growth to over 70,000 unique visitors a day and distribution of over one million CDs of the complete Spoken English Learned Quickly course a year was done with a zero dollar advertising budget.
- How can I make money selling Spoken English Learned Quickly CDs if everyone can copy the course? Most people do not want to take the time—or they do not have the computer equipment—to copy a high quality CD. However, if you can duplicate a large number of CDs and sell them for a price which people are willing to pay, you will find many customers. See the next answer for more information regarding the number of potential customers.
- Is Spoken English Learned Quickly really the world’s largest spoken English language course? We monitor downloads on our website statistic pages. Our statistic site tells us that over one million* dedicated ISO IMAGE CDs of the entire course are downloaded each year. However, since we encourage others to reproduce and sell the CDs, this number will grow significantly larger. (We estimate that at least five million copies of the complete course are distributed each year.) In addition, there are approximately 145,000 monthly visitors on our website, and an approximant equivalent of 9,000 TXT lessons and chapters downloaded to handheld devices each month.Does all of this mean, however, that Spoken English Learned Quickly is the world’s most widely used spoken English language course? If you multiply one million times the cost of the heavily advertised “advanced” courses, you will see how much others would need to earn each year in order to match our distribution.
*The number of actual CDs produced, or TXT lessons downloaded, will be somewhat smaller than these numbers indicate. We divide the download total by the size of the CD or TXT lesson to get an “equivalent download” number. In the case of TXT downloads, they are very small (15 to 30KB) and are probably seldom aborted. However, when a large CD file (334MB) is opened and then aborted, the CD cannot be written even though the bandwidth number has increased by the amount downloaded. However, the smaller number of CDs which are therefore actually produced, would be greatly offset by the additional number of CDs which are duplicated and sold by others. As an example, we know of one case in which a single CD was duplicated and sold on a North African university campus. The original seller sold about 20 CDs in the first week, and pirates who bought several of his CDs, reduplicated them and sold an additional 70 copies toward the end of that same week.
- Why do the instructions for Spoken English Learned Quickly say that everything must be said out loud? In Chapter 1: Teaching Your Tongue to Speak English from our free, downloadable book Speak English, we explain the new Feedback Training Method used in Spoken English Learned Quickly. Spoken language involves more than just memory. In this method, we train your tongue, hearing, and mind to work together in order to produce spoken English. Since you must train your tongue, hearing, and mind to work together in order to learn a new language, you are wasting time whenever you stop training your tongue and hearing and train only your mind. You can only train all three together when all three are working at the same time. That is why it has taken you so long to learn spoken English in school. Grammar-based English study tries to train your mind without simultaneously training your tongue and hearing.
- Why do the instructions for Spoken English Learned Quickly say that the responses should not be read? Read the answer to the question above. You must train your tongue, hearing, and mind simultaneously to learn to speak fluent English. If you do not speak out loud, you will train only your mind but not your tongue and hearing. On the other hand, if you read your answers, you may be training your tongue and hearing, but you are not forcing your mind to think in English. Therefore, it will take you longer to learn to speak fluent English because you are not training all three at the same time. The reason it is more difficult to speak without reading is because your mind is not accustomed to forming sentences in English. That is exactly what your mind must learn to do. That is why you must not read your answers.We understand, however, that when you begin a new lesson, it will help you if you read your responses. We suggest that you have the written text where you can see it during the first two times you repeat the exercises from a new lesson. After that, however, always study without a text. The same thing is true if you use a Handheld for the text. Do not use the text after you have done the audio exercises twice.
- Can I play the MP3 audio while reading a text using Spoken English Learned Quickly? Yes, you may use the two files together on a computer. If you use a Handheld, you may also use both by following the instructions included with your devise.You may make a complete CD of the website which will allow you to view the lesson page and play the audio as in the suggestion above.
- I read English well and can understand about 90% of what is said, but I can’t speak. What can I do? You are very close to good English fluency. Your mind knows how to use English. Your English teachers in school did a good job training your mind, but they did little to train your tongue to speak English. Now, stop and read at least Chapter 1 in our downloadable book. (Read the entire book later.)Obviously, the word “tongue” is merely a way of talking about the entire nerve and muscle system used to produce speech. Once you start simultaneously training your mouth’s nerve and muscle system so that it can begin to work with what you already know, you will experience very rapid progress in your ability to speak English. There is one caution, however. Because you can already write English well, you will look at the Spoken English Learned Quickly lessons and tell yourself that you already know everything in the lessons. But knowing it is not your problem. What is important for you now is to learn to speak the sentences so that an American or British speaking listener would understand you immediately. Spoken English Learned Quickly is a spoken English course. Study the exercises until you can say them with perfect pronunciation, and at the same speed an American or British speaker would use in normal conversation.
- I am knowledgeable about my field in my own language, but I cannot communicate it in English. Can you help me? First, use the Spoken English Learned Quickly lessons on this website to learn fluent spoken English. Then, use the links on Specialized English vocabularies to learn the specialized English words you will need for your field.
- I want to learn to speak simple English, but I do not need to write. Can I use this course? Spoken English Learned Quickly will be ideal for you. The lessons will teach you to speak English very quickly. You will learn correct English grammar by learning to speak correct English rather than by studying written grammar lessons.
- How can I use Spoken English Learned Quickly to teach an English class? You can use the course to teach English in any school. We permit others to teach the course or reproduce the material without requiring any payment to us. You do not even need to request our permission. See How can I teach Spoken English Learned Quickly in my country?. We would also suggest that you look at the More Information page and read through the section entitled Information for teachers and schools wanting to use the Spoken English Learned Quickly course. .
- How can I evaluate my progress while studying Spoken English Learned Quickly? You can evaluate your progress by using the help page Evaluating your progress as you study spoken English Learned Quickly.
- I need some information regarding spoken English such as, tenses, if clauses, and use of should, could, must, and others. The Spoken English Learned Quickly tables will be helpful to you. You may click on the tables for each chapter. T-lesson1, T-lesson2, T-lesson3, T-lesson5, T-lesson6, T-lesson7, T-lesson8, T-lesson9, T-lesson10, T-lesson11, T-lesson12, T-lesson13, T-lesson14, and T-lesson16. Since most chapters have more than one table, always click on the Next Lesson button to see the next table.
- Should I use an English-to-English, or an English-to-My Language dictionary to learn English vocabulary? For someone just starting English study, an English-to-Your Language dictionary is best. However, when you are more advanced, an English-to-English dictionary will give you more vocabulary because it gives similar words (synonyms) and other meanings for the same word. However, there is another kind of dictionary that might be even better. It is called a Thesaurus. For each English word, it will give a list of synonyms. To find an English thesaurus, do an on-line search (Google) for the word “thesaurus.” When the Thesaurus gives words you do not know, look them up in your English to Your Language dictionary.