It required almost four years of work before Spoken English Learned Quickly was ready to publish. Then we discovered that as a start-up enterprise, the new company would have faced large marketing expenses before a profit could have been earned. It would have required expensive international advertising and sales. This would have required a retail price of $425 for the complete course containing a printed 410-page Student Workbook and MP3 audio recordings.
This defeated our intent of helping international students with little money who wanted to learn fluent spoken English.
But there was another solution. By making Spoken English Learned Quickly available for free downloading to any student’s computer, we could still do what we wanted to do.
Therefore, Spoken English Learned Quickly was placed on www.freeenglishnow.com for free downloading. There, in just a few years, it became the world’s most widely distributed spoken English language course.
Distributing a language course should not be motivated solely by profit. Language is the most distinctive cultural trait of humanity. We find great satisfaction in sharing this part of our humanity with individuals throughout our world.
We wish all of our potential students the greatest success in learning spoken English, and we will find great pleasure in their accomplishment.
Lynn Lundquist, author of Spoken English Learned Quickly
Acceptance of Terms Through Use
Throughout this document, Free English Now is the name of the business entity that owns the websites www.freeenglishnow.com, www.englishfreeware.com, and www.englishfreeware.org. Spoken English Learned Quickly is the name of the spoken English language course owned by Free English Now and supported by the above named websites.
1. Any offer of free downloadable materials by Spoken English Learned Quickly assigns no obligation on our part, including but not limited to, the preparation and mailing of any such material, or the custom services or costs on receipt by international mail. Continuation of any offer of free material is neither warranted nor implied.
2. Any user of material supplied by Free English Now, whether private, institutional, or commercial, indemnifies Free English Now of any and all claims for any liability incurred in the use of published or downloaded materials in the Spoken English Learned Quickly lessons. Full liability for all marketing, use, and resale of the course by an individual or commercial firm becomes that individual’s or firm’s sole responsibility.
3. All material published by Spoken English Learned Quickly is copyright-protected and may not be reprinted for the purpose of resale except as allowed by the exceptions as stated.
4. Under no circumstances is any portion of Spoken English Learned Quickly to be loaded on any commercial or individual website. Free English Now maintains the only website source (www.freeenglishnow.com) of these lessons.
5. Teachers or schools may use Spoken English Learned Quickly materials. They may charge any price fixed by the teacher or school. Any Teacher or school acts entirely in his or her own behalf. Teachers or schools cannot represent themselves as agents of Free English Now or Spoken English Learned Quickly.
6. Free English Now may revoke allowance for reproduction and resale at any time without advance notice. Such revocation may include all who are reproducing the material or may name only a single publisher. At its sole discretion, Free English Now may choose to either prevent the publisher’s remaining stock from entering the resale market, or may establish a royalty payable to Free English Now as a condition of sale, in an amount determined solely by Free English Now.
7. Any materials reproduced for resale must carry the Spoken English Learned Quickly copyright notice (and American Bib. Society copyright notice, where applicable).
8. Materials used for resale must be reproduced from computer downloaded text and audio files supplied by Free English Now. Permission is never granted to alter either the prerecorded audio or text material for resale.
9. Additional or supplementary material may never be added to the existing Spoken English Learned Quickly lesson. Any supplementary material published in CD format must be placed on a CD distinctly different from the Spoken English Learned Quickly CD and be identifiable as coming from a source other than Spoken English Learned Quickly. Equally, supplementary printed material included on a CD must be identified as coming from a publisher other than Spoken English Learned Quickly.
10. Resale publication in printed format must use the full text and audio reproduction including an unaltered Lesson Text portion for each lesson in which it is used.
11. The quotation material used in the Lesson Text belongs to the American Bib. Society and is protected by their copyright.
12. Free English Now operates under the permission granted to any user of the Good News Testament (GNT) and has no authority to transfer permission of its use to any other user.